Forms of work-related violence, which HSE defines as: ‘Any incident in which a person is abused, threatened or assaulted in circumstances relating to their work’, can happen in any workplace.
Knowing how to tackle dangerous situations and aggressive people is an essential skill for employees that work closely with each other. When disagreement arises between two employees, conflict can emerge and degenerate into situations of violence. Although this could appear uncommon, the Crime Survey for England and Wales found that 326,000 adults experienced work-related violence in 2016/2017.
It is essential that all employees have an understanding of the risks and the countermeasures to take in case of work-related violence. The Violence and Aggression at Work eLearning Module will enable the user to professionally handle situations involving violence and aggression at work.
This course is aimed at any employee working closely with other workers and is suitable for any workplace, as violence can arise anywhere. The Violence and Aggression eLearning Module is a fully online interactive course and assessment, accessible on any device, 24/7, with no time limits. A certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion of the eLearning module.
Upon completion of the Violence & Aggression at Work eLearning module, the user will:
- Understand the importance of handling situations calmly and politely
- Understand the responsibilities of themselves and their employer
- Understand the systems that are needed in order to comply with COSHH regulations
- Handling violent and aggressive people
- Who is responsible
- Typical behaviours of aggressive people
- The main triggers for violence in retail
- Working practices
- What action can you take
- Managing aggression through active listening
- Reducing the risk of violence
- How to deal with the stress of a violent encounter after it has happened
This module covers the information surrounding Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
Revolutionise your workforce training
Speak to our team to see what Bolt can do for you