Bolt is developing 4 eLearning modules focussed on 'Alcohol Licensing & Sales'. Our first module, focusses on MUP (Minimum Unit Pricing) and is a simple 10-minute module designed to give retailers, managers and staff the essential knowledge and understanding on MUP.
Key Features and Benefits
The Minimum Unit Pricing (MUP) measure introduced by the Scottish Government and embedded in the Alcohol (Minimum Pricing) (Scotland) Act 2012 comes into force on 1 May 2018. MUP sets the minimum price one can pay for a unit of alcohol at a minimum of 50p per unit. Retailers who fail to comply with MUP will be unable to return stock to the wholesaler or sell stock at non MUP compliant prices and may face criminal charges if they do so. This engaging eLearning module is designed to give retailers and their staff a comprehensive understanding of how the MUP legislation affects them and their store(s). It provides easily digestible information about changes which need to be made to remain compliant and tips to ensure their BWS category still flourishes.
- be clear on the definition of MUP
- understand how MUP can impact your premises licence
- explanation of why MUP does not apply to some sales of alcohol
- understand how to calculate the MUP
- learn how to review and ensuring pricing is kept up to date
- highlight the differences between hospitality and non-hospitality sales
- understand dual pricing
- explanation of MUP and promotions
Revolutionise your workforce training
Speak to our team to see what Bolt can do for you