Not sure how to get ready for your first day in a new job? We are here to help.
Starting a new job is not always easy. Any new employee should come prepared for their first day of work – by wearing the right clothes, being aware of essential documents, getting to know your manager and colleagues. Working for a new employer can be challenging and an employee might feel afraid not to be up to the challenge - that's why it is essential to have a first day training.
For these reasons, we created the eLearning module Life at Work – Employee. It is a quick, first day training course that helps a new employee understand the responsibilities and duties that come with a new job and how to best face them. The eLearning course provides an overview of good practices to follow on your first day of work, how to make a good impression and live up to the expectations.
We designed the Life at Work – Employee eLearning module as a gamified, interactive experience: the users are immersed in a bidimensional, retro-game world and taken on a quest to obtain the Crown of Career Contentment. It is a fully online interactive course and assessment, accessible on any device, 24/7, with no time limits through our modern LMS. A certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion of the eLearning module.
At the end of the Life at Work - Employee eLearning module, the user will:
- Recognise the expectations of an employer and employee
- Understand what they be should provided with or ask for before they start their job
- Understand how their start should be managed on their first day
- Understand how to make a good impression when starting a new job
- Recognise their and their employer's responsibilities
- Employer/Employee expectations
- Contract and T&Cs basics
- Inductions, information and support systems to provide
- Responsibilities to employees
- The importance of skills, training and performance management
This module covers areas within a variety of employment law basics, such as the National Minimum Wage Act (1998).
Revolutionise your workforce training
Speak to our team to see what Bolt can do for you