If you prepare and/or cook food, it is important that you know how food poisoning occurs and how to prevent contamination of food.
This course educates your food handling staff, covering key information surrounding food safety laws, including the Food Safety Act (1990; as amended), General Food Law Regulation (EC) 178/2002 & 852/2004, and Food Hygiene Regulations (2013).
This module will enable users to confidently and hygienically store, prepare, cook and work with food, whilst understanding their responsibilities towards food safety.
This course is suitable for all food handlers.
The user will:
- Understand the importance of working with food in a hygienic and safe manner
- Recognise the consequences of poor food hygiene and safety
- Understand how food can become contaminated with hazards
- Describe how to control hazards and prevent contamination, particularly at the points of preparation, cooking, service and storage
- Understand how and why a HACCP based food safety management system should be applied
What is food safety, hygiene and food-borne illness
Food hazards and contamination
Personal hygiene and handwashing
Food storage, preparation, cooking and service
Cleaning, waste and pests
Revolutionise your workforce training
Speak to our team to see what Bolt can do for you