Employers are required by law to appoint Fire Wardens to assist with the evacuation, make contact with the emergency services and use fire extinguishers in case of a fire.
Have you been tasked with upholding fire safety in the workplace? As a fire warden, you hold special duties and responsibilities in case of a fire in the workplace that you must be aware of. The Fire Warden eLearning module will teach the user how to promote fire safety in the workplace and prepare for a fire emergency. This course is suitable for people with responsibility for fire safety - fire wardens and fire marshalls, as well as line managers, supervisors and safety representatives in low-risk environments.
This eLearning module will enable the user to understand their role and responsibilities as a Fire Warden, the duties they should undertake, the measures to prevent a fire and the countermeasures when a fire is spreading. A special focus is on fire extinguishers, how to recognise them and in which cases each different type should be used As a pre-requisite to this training, you must complete Fire Safety.
The Fire Safety – Warden is a fully online interactive course and assessment, accessible on any device, 24/7, with no time limits. A certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion of the eLearning module.
At the end of Fire Safety – Warden eLearning Module the user will:
- Understand the daily duties they should undertake.
- Be able to complete the risk assessment at their place of work.
- Know how a fire spreads and how to prevent a fire.
- Understand the role of fire safety signs.
- Become familiar with the process involved in checking a fire extinguisher.
- Know the procedures involved in a fire safety evacuation plan.
- Recognise the importance of fire drills and how to implement them in the workplace.
- Fire Warden Responsibilities
- The proactive daily duties of a fire warden
- Fire risk assessments
- Understanding the way a fire can spread
- How to prevent a fire
- How to check a fire extinguisher
- Fire safety evacuation plan
- Fire drills awareness and recap
- Taking action in an evacuation
The Fire Safety – Warden eLearning module will explain the key duties of the Fire Warden covering key information surrounding The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 which covers general fire safety in England and Wales and in Scotland; requirements on general fire safety are covered in Part 3 of the Fire (Scotland) Act 2005, supported by the Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006.
The Fire Safety - Warden eLearning Module was approved by:
Revolutionise your workforce training
Speak to our team to see what Bolt can do for you