Everyone working in a business has a responsibility to ensure the business is running legally and ethically.
Bribery and other ways of giving and receiving favourable treatments are illegal, and include anti-competitive agreements between competitors, as stated by the UK and EU Competition Law.
Breaches of Competition Law can result in fines of up to 10% of the company’s turnover. Companies can also be subject to claims for damages and individuals could have assets confiscated, be investigated, prosecuted and sentenced to up to five years in prison. Not to mention the damage to the company’s reputation.
We designed a Competition Law eLearning Module to make all employees working in the UK aware of the competition rules and the practices that are forbidden by law. The training module enables the user to work compliantly within competition law and is suitable for learners who work in commercial environments, particularly retailers and suppliers.
It is a fully online interactive training course and assessment, accessible on any device, 24/7, with no time limits through our modern LMS. A certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion of the eLearning module.
At the end of the Competition Law eLearning Module the user will:
- Understand how to trade ethically
- Understand the basics of competition law and the consequences of not complying with this
- Recognise types of anti-competitive agreements
- Understand what information can and cannot be shared with competitors or suppliers, and how to manage information provided to you
- Understand who enforces competition law and what happens in the event of a dawn raid
- Ethical trading
- What is competition law
- Consequences of not complying with competition law
- Agreement types and anti-competitive agreements
- Information sharing and how to manage information provided to you
- Enforcement of competition law and dawn raids
Competition Act (1998), Enterprise Act (2002) and TFEU Article 101 and 102.
Revolutionise your workforce training
Speak to our team to see what Bolt can do for you