The Federation of Wholesale Distributors is the member organisation for UK wholesalers operating in the grocery and foodservice markets supplying independent retailers and caterers via cash and carry, delivery and the Internet.
As the voice of the wholesale distribution sector, the FWD protect and promote their members' interests with decision makers in Westminster, Whitehall and Brussels, and are recognised as a credible stakeholder in every debate on policies
which affect the work of UK wholesalers.
Their members manage the distribution of goods around the UK with a total value of about £30 billion and ensure an efficient distribution channel between manufacturers and retailers and caterers.
As a proud member of the FWD, Bolt Learning and all other members agree to abide by the FWD Code of Conduct.
Here are some areas FWD does helps Wholesale Distributors:
- Campaigning - FWD champions the cause of members through regular contact with MPs, Ministers and Officials.
- Conferences - The annual conference brings wholesalers and suppliers together to examine the sector.
- Communication - Keeps members informed on legislative issues and the work of the FWD.
- Co-operation - Working with suppliers to increase understanding of wholesale and its potential.
- Championing - Invite MPs to visit member’s premises and discover the local impact of wholesalers.
- Celebrating - The FWD Gold Medal Awards are the annual showcase for the sector.
- Collaboration - Member committees share knowledge and best practice on security and legal issues.
- Connections - Product suppliers can join FWD as associate members and can attend networking events.
If you'd like to find out more about the FWD and the work they do, contact them via email.
Revolutionise your workforce training
Speak to our team to see what Bolt can do for you