The Federation of Wholesale Distributors is the member organisation for UK wholesalers, active in the foodservice and grocery markets. They supply caterers and independent retailers via delivery, cash and carry and the Internet.
As the voice of the wholesale distribution sector, the FWD preserve and assist their members' interests with the help of decision makers in Westminster, Whitehall and Brussels, and are identified as a trustworthy stakeholder in every discussion over policies regarding the UK wholesaler market.
Their members manage the distribution of goods around the UK with a total value of about £30 billion and ensure an efficient distribution channel between manufacturers and retailers and caterers.
As a proud member of the FWD, Bolt Learning and all other members agree to abide by the FWD Code of Conduct.
Here are some areas FWD does helps Wholesale Distributors:
- Campaigning - FWD champions the cause of members through regular contact with MPs, Ministers and Officials.
- Conferences - The annual conference brings wholesalers and suppliers together to examine the sector.
- Communication - Keeps members informed on legislative issues and the work of the FWD.
- Co-operation - Working with suppliers to increase understanding of wholesale and its potential.
- Championing - Invite MPs to visit member’s premises and discover the local impact of wholesalers.
- Celebrating - The FWD Gold Medal Awards are the annual showcase for the sector.
- Collaboration - Member committees share knowledge and best practice on security and legal issues.
- Connections - Product suppliers can join FWD as associate members and can attend networking events.
If you'd like to find out more about the FWD and the work they do, contact them via email.
Revolutionise your workforce training
Speak to our team to see what Bolt can do for you