We are looking for an Instructional/eLearning designer to join our Production team in Paisley.
The ideal candidate is passionate about quality learning and has an imaginative outlook on training.
Bolt Learning is a creative and dynamic training company with multiple clients from diverse industries. The ideal candidate must be able to flourish in this fast-paced, ever-changing environment where every day brings a new challenge and must have the creativity to turn what is often dull and uninspiring training into something extraordinary, memorable and engaging.
Below is a list of the main responsibilities of an Instructional Designer and the tasks you will be expected to undertake. In addition to these, you will be asked to perform other tasks from time to time.
Create creative eLearning courses
- Demonstrate a good understanding of learning theory.
- Transform the client requirements into creative courses and eLearning solutions.
- Write design specifications, detailed content outlines and storyboards using the templates.
- Write compelling and engaging course content including scripts, stories and general text.
- Manage regular updates to training and quality control.
Liaise with clients
- Identify the clients’ performance needs and transform these into Performance Goals and Objectives.
- Meet with SMEs and gather critical information to support the performance goal(s).
- Identify Need-To-Know Information through client provided documentation.
- Communicate and present ideas in a clear and concise manner through proposals and scopes.
- Guide clients through the design project and Bolt’s unique approach.
- Communicate detailed specifications to colleagues and brief graphic designers about what you want them to create at different stages of the project.
- Review storyboards and to ensure they meet high-quality standards.
- Adhere to strict deadlines and keep colleagues updated with your status on different projects.
- Complete assigned training to develop your skills.
- Be challenged and inspired, always striving to grow as a professional and a person.
A background in the fields of education and/or training is essential. Although it is desirable, a strong level of digital experience is not a mandatory requirement as training will be provided.
The role is based in Paisley.
If you think that you meet our criteria and would like to join an innovative team that’s impacting the training industry, send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org