Are you an experienced Full Stack Developer in Edinburgh?
Incredible opportunity to join an award-winning company who need you to innovate, design and develop an outstanding product which has a positive impact on hundreds of thousands of people worldwide.
Since 2013 Bolt Learning has grown and continues to do so, with an unrivaled culture for encouraging everyone to participate in the continued success of the company. This is a chance to be a creative developer where your ideas will be embraced, no internal politics, red tape or bureaucracy will hold you back.
What you bring to us:
As a full-stack developer with over 3 years experience, you have worked on several aspects of our technology – from backend Python/Django/Go systems and scalable database design to rich frontend user interfaces.
You have solid experience with relational databases, have strong problem-solving skills and understand the needs of highly available, scalable systems, as well as a good understanding of web security.
A quick learner and you enjoy keeping up-to-date with modern technologies and best practices.
You’ll be willing to complete a technical test to showcase your skills.
What our team say:
- Work on something worthwhile which benefits others
- Work on projects from the first light-bulb moment until it's released into the big wide world
- Great work life balance and are willing to adapt accordingly
- Some of us have families to work around, so expect a flexible and family-centric working environment if that is what you need
- You need a decision on something fast, we can do that same day, all doors are open and that includes the CEO
- If you have ideas, then they will be listened too – we like ideas!
- Free yourself from bureaucracy and paperwork, spend all your time designing and developing
- Feel relevant and involved
What we give you:
Engineering great solutions
You’ll primarily be working to add new functionality to and enhance the existing features of our platform. We take pride in properly understanding the true user requirements, so we can design and build the best solution.
Working with cloud-scale systems
We use both AWS & Google Cloud, along with a host of other third-party integrations.
Influence and steer our development plan & process
As an e-learning company with a core value of “always learning”, we will want to learn from you.
Opportunity to grow and learn
Switching to microservices gives us the ability to expand our technology stack, so if you have experience or interest in using other technologies (React, Node, Go, Rust, etc.) we will give you those opportunities and encourage your development.
You’ll get time to investigate and play with other interesting technologies such as machine learning, virtual reality (Oculus/GearVR/Cardboard), iOS & Android apps and real-time video communication.
- 30 Days Holiday Allowance plus additional days awarded for long service
- Workplace Pension with increased employer contributions
- Private Health (after probation)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Online Learning and Development
- Support for personal development/studies
- Workplace perks
- Flexible working
- £30,000 - £40,000 DoE
If you are tempted, think that you can meet our criteria and would like to join an innovative team that’s impacting the training industry, send us your CV and let’s start the conversation: firstname.lastname@example.org