‘People are our greatest asset’.
Easy to say…..but how many people actually feel it (that they’re their company’s greatest asset)?
We want to work with companies who really do recognise that their success will occur by developing their people continuously….with companies who want to stand out against the competition through a better engaged, motivated and trained workforce.
We also want really talented people to come work with us at Bolt. We embrace world class technology combined with modern teaching methods to provide something which is almost unique in the market place. Our aim is to become the best eLearning company in the UK within 3-5 years. We already have an outstanding team of education, IT and graphics experts in Scotland producing high quality effective online training. We trained over 150,000 people for just one or our clients in the last year alone – in 14 different languages.
We’re hugely ambitious. We think we’ve got a pretty special proposition. We need special people to come join us at Bolt too.
‘I’ve always wanted to work for smaller organisations’
Great! Because our team is about 15 people strong. We’ve almost doubled the turnover of the company in the last year and we’re keen to double it again. But this will only be achieved if we truly understand the market place we serve, the needs of the companies in the market, and provide solutions to match. And hire and retain great people.
You will be highly visible in the organisation, and even more high profile in the market-place. You will get opportunities to shine unlike in ‘most jobs’.
‘I want to see the fruits of my labours every single day’
Great! Working for small, dynamic companies means we make decisions fast and implement them. We also give you far more autonomy and control than ‘most jobs’. If you enjoy and thrive on responsibility, you’ll love working for Bolt.
'I’ve not had a traditional career to date’.
Who cares? We don’t. You must be bright, personable, able to interact with a wide variety of people (ages, profiles, seniority, backgrounds), be commercial (for our clients, not just us), be passionate and stand out. A little bit of humility wouldn’t harm either. You’ll be a hard worker and committed. We don’t want people who just want ‘a job’ – life is not a dress rehearsal, we should all enjoy what we do, in and outside of work.
The role will involve both account management and new business development. Over time, this may skew more towards one or the other. Our clients are some of the best in their fields. Please help us to WOW our customers every day.
New Business Development
- Seek out the companies who truly value their staff and want to develop them.
- Which companies embrace technology and recognise that eLearning can grow their teams to improve performance?
We believe we have a really compelling and almost unique proposition. Help us tell the world what we do.
- How do we continue to deliver against our clients goals and strategies?
- Provide regular reporting/presentations to our clients, identifying how they are performing against their KPIs
- Deliver recommendations and come up with solutions for our clients’ evolving needs.
To be considered for this position, you need to demonstrate:
- Confidence, intelligence, commercial skills
- Great with people, positive, proactive, communication skills
- Account management/development
- Business development
- A genuine desire or experience of working in small tech start-up firms
- Commitment, passion
- Sector experience (FMCG, wholesale, foodservice, catering, retail, construction) a bonus.
- IT skills
- Presentation skills
- A really good attitude. There can be times when it’s ‘all hands to the pump’ in small companies. People who are inclined to stick rigidly to job specs are probably not suited to this role, or Bolt.
The company is based in Paisley. You will need to spend time here at the beginning of your career but our clients and new business prospects are all over the UK. We are increasingly working with clients on an international basis. The salary and benefits are very competitive (and obviously dependent on ability and experience!). Please tell us why you’d be great at Bolt. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply, please send us your CV and a covering letter highlighting why you’re a little bit different to the norm to email@example.com